Sunday, May 22, 2011

Check this out: A post dedicated to a place unknown

Ok so there is a little backstory to this place I went to.
I was at the beach by myself sometime in the morning when some guy started talking to me and at first I thought to get up and leave but then he mentioned this sub shop a couple blocks down the road. I guess as a kind gesture he gave me some money for lunch and let me walk towards the bus stop. I stopped at his little sandwich place on the way and the first thing to catch my attention was the very tiny corner it sat on with only a limited space and a few very enthusiastic workers. I walked in and waited to order when a few slices of pastrami flew over my head. In shock I turned to the direction it came from and realized the employees were throwing the sandwich ingredients to each other from across the store (yes it was really that small). I ordered a simple turkey sub with lettuce tomato and some salt and pepper and carried it all the way to my friends house.
I gotta say, that first bite was probably the best I had ever had, and from something so simple.
But then I realized as I swallowed down the lump that I had completely forgotten the name of the place!
I couldn't remember if I tried.
So all I know is that this little sub shop sits somewhere on the corner of Dixie Hwy and Commercial Blvd.
This is to that sub shop...and may someone find it :)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, your banner image looks so delicious


    lol, is throwing food around not against some kind of health law?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i was thinking the same thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, while reasing the post I thought all the time about the ice cream...

    Gonna follow you, to see and read more of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man what a place to go to! no throwing food around where I live though. If I want anything even remotely interesting i have to go to the city(San Francisco) which is a bit of a drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heh good story. I must say i wanna eat this icecram from background.jpg ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its great when they do that with pizza restaurants, throw the base to the customers and such.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL thanks guys, btw the pic at the beginning is a fillipino dessert called "Halo Halo"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Thanks for the info man! I'll try this Halo Halo this summer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, + Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I've been there before. I remember seeing a Publix and Albertson's somewhere near it, if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i dont know the name of the shop but i wish you luck in finding it the smaller shops are way better than the overpriced crap at subway

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds hecka bomb, i may have to investigate the location more

    ReplyDelete